Sunday 6 January 2008

STACK IT

I’m improving; my leg is still more mobile. I have still not seen under the dressing. I start wondering short distances round my room with a hobble and very unstable but I’m just glad to be out of bed and moving by my own steam. With this confidence I get up in the middle of the night to make it to the toilet, normally I would have to call for a nurses help but I don’t see the need. Half way in the 3m journey my legs buckle I pull it together against a chair, then as I attempt to go again everything goes. My knee folds over, ankle twists and goes over on itself and my body weight falls on top. I scream out and realise I’m exactly half way in-between the 2 nurses call buttons. I can’t lift myself with my legs so I am dragging my body across the room towards a buzzer. The nurses heard my fall and got to me before I made it to the buzzer.
The next day my entire left leg has gone red or black. The thigh is covered by a rash. The knee is red\black from been twisted, the shin is black from bleeding internally and the ankle is swollen. I have injured the ankle plenty of times before and am confident that it will heal quickly the knee I am more worried about. Main problem this entire incident causes is that if I want to go home anytime soon the doctors will insist on someone been there at all times this is not practical. I’m annoyed with myself.

No comments: