Sunday 14 September 2008

Daily Slog

38 people took part in OB's pub golf. It was carnage. My outfit went down very well. Like stag do's pub golf is difficult without drinking\taking part. It was carnage and I left them to it after 9 holes.

Saturday was more civilised but still quite funny. I was in hospital in the morning and had arranged to meet people for breakfast around 12:30. From there we were going to head straight to the ground. People were meant to be going as cheerleaders. The only chance I had to get into my outfit was at the hospital. I had a very tight wonder women outfit. The nurses appreciated this. After turning up at POSH for breakfast I realised no one else had bothered dressing up for it. The outfit confused went down fairly well at the rugby but I was glad to get it off after as it was giving me a huge wedgie.

I had worried my parents describing TTP to them. They come over on Tuesday night. We have a meeting on Wednesday with Professor Marks and he goes through what my issues are again. No real surprises, although they are still not 100% certain what is going on. Despite the seriousness of what Prof Marks is saying it is hard to take him that seriously as the only chair he could find is a toddlers chair. The current treatment I am on is only to maintain my current position, apparently it won't stop the problem. That is up to my own body or the is a experimental drug with a very high success rate which could be tried. This however is not on the NHS approved list and would require additional funding. Fingers crossed I can get this.

My Dad has planned a weekend away in the lake district as it is my Mum's, Brothers (30th) and Sisters birthday. The lake district was a interesting choice as I can't climb hills at the moment. I would have ended up been a burden on everyone else as they would have either had to leave me in the pub or other things to do other than walking. In the end it did not matter as I needed treatment on the weekend so I could not go anyway. While I was not that disappointed to miss out on the lake district I was disappointed not to be able catch up with Helen (my sister).

I have been in hospital everyday including weekends for the last 2 weeks. I am very bored of hospital. I am in on Saturday but hope to be out to watch OB's play rugby in the afternoon. For once the suns out and its a perfect day for rugby. As usual whenever you plan anything something happens to get in the way. It is decided that I need blood top ups and platelets. I end up been in hospital until around 4:30. The first sunny day in 2 months and I'm stuck inside. Its so frustrating.

I'm in hospital right now. Hopefully I will be able to get out for the afternoon. My body does seem to be repairing itself but it looks like I have another 4/5 weeks of treatment. It will take at least this long to get the doner to donate more stem cells. While I was hoping to be back at work and putting my life back on track by now it is now looking unlikely like I'll be back until November\December. My arms and legs are now incredibly skinny. When I was wearing the wonder women outfit I had far to many girls complement me on my legs.

While it is pain been in hospital so much, it is a means to a end. Once I have sorted out this TTP and had a top up of my graft I will hopefully be set free. Apart from my leg the Leukaemia and TTP have left me fairly unscathed. For that I am grateful and once set free from hospital treatments I can set about getting myself back into shape. I am looking forward to been able to push myself in the gym\running and getting back to work. Its just a question of when can I start and trying not to overdo it. Hopefully this is just around the corner? Fingers crossed.

No comments: