Wednesday 19 March 2008

Turning Corners

First of all apologies for not updating the blog sooner. The treatment really took it out of me and I have had little energy to move out of bed, that combined with high dosages of morphine has made life a little difficult. The side effects are harsh to say the least I will fill in gap in the blog at some point but wanted to let everyone know I was OK first.

However a corner seems to have been turned. Towards the end of last week I stopped the morphine and began to feel a little more human. Initial signs are that the transplant has taken and I am producing some of my own blood. The is a long way to go and I am still extremely weak and vulnerable to infections. Isolation is a nightmare.. I have been in the same room for a month now. Keeping sane is quite difficult..

Well done to all those who ran the Bristol half marathon on the weekend & thank you to all those who sponsored Ben & Dean. Between them over £2,000 was raised for leukaemia research. Fantastic result!!

Iain has also taken up the challenge and is going to cycle from Bristol to Paris. Please give generously ( www.justgiving.com/iainstuart ).

Thank you all for your support and hopefully the updates on the blog shall return to normal again now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robbie,

Great news indeed. Must be a truely fantastic feeling to receive some good news + positive feelings towards returning to "normality"! Been slightly worried from your quietness of late but presumed like much of the last few months, youd been zonked by drugs & too drained to do anything!

Keeping fingers crossed that this is the start of the road to recovery. Hang in there bud.

Weaves