Friday 11 July 2008

Wheres my Mojo??

In my last post someone had stolen my Mojo. I was on a whinge, without my Mojo I could not MC Hammer. I was stuck in the corner spectating wondering what the next step would be. The end\new beginning had slipped from sight and lack of energy and motivation had begun to eat away at my strength. I was moving forward but at a crawl and allowing myself to feel sorry for myself. As I said I felt like a spectator in life, inspiration to get out of this situation comes in some very strange forms.

I was in hospital and the usual patients were around, but 1 extra appeared. I really don't mean to be cruel but this person was repulsive. She travelled on a mobility scooter, despite been more agile on her feet than I have been for months when getting up to get more chocolate. It was not just the appearance, she then sat down to tell everyone how bad she has had it for the last 5 years. She had let the disease take over every aspect of her life. I know she could walk... but she chose not to. She complained about putting on weight while eating half a pound of chocolate. It was not just me looking around for an exit to get away. However it turns out I have a lot to thank this person for. She gave me back my Mojo.... She had lost hers long ago and was doomed to a life of complaints and self pity. Never will I allow that to happen to me.

My resolve has returned, and if anything is stronger than it has ever been before. I needed to have a low to make me appreciate what was about to happen. My drugs were slightly adjusted again, not significantly but enough to make me feel a little better. The next day I got my bike out again and cycled along to the tour de france on eurosport. I had not got the bike out for a few weeks because I did not have the energy. I did not peddle hard but it felt good.

This morning I got the bike out again and peddled harder for an hour. While I was on the bike I thought about how good it would be to show up at rugby training and be able to take part. My thoughts drifted to how good it would be to be able to run again (I have not been able to run since September last year). Last time I tried I ended up flat on my face. That was over a month ago. It is better to try again and end up on my face than not to try again. So after cycling for an hour I wondered down to the park. I did an elaborate warm up and the local dog owners watched as they expected me speed of into the distance. What they got was far more special. I picked 2 landmark trees approximately 10 metres apart. I really did not know what would happen, will I end up face down or will I end up hobbling between trees.

I set off.. My right leg held... then the left did not buckle. I sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me. I covered 10 metres then 20 in around 30 seconds. I properly celebrated... Arms in the air and screamed out with joy. You would have thought I'd just won the Olympic gold. The crowd of dog lovers stared bemused and mothers with push chairs edged away nervously. I wanted to run after all of them and give them a hug. Unfortunately I was not quick enough. I found myself running round the small park stopping every 30/40 metres or so laughing, I had tiers running down my face. The is nothing I can't beat.. It is all in your mind. Hurdles are all in my head, they are all their to be knocked down. My Mojo is back. What have the doctors created!! I ran around the park until my legs hurt. Its 4 hours since then and I'm still smiling and looking for people to hug.

Anna: Thanks for your prayers... They were answered.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Robbie

I cycled to Paris with your Brother, Dirts and Mark and we had a great time doing it. Dirts posted your blog link on her thank you letter so I stopped by.

I am so so glad you've got your mojo back. You really are an inspiration. Long may your positive mental attitude last. Love Caz x

Unknown said...

Robbie!!

Just in time for a late Olympics entrance mate! Sounds like your have very much had a good day after your rant. Probably the rollercoaster of emotions that you are going through summed up in two posts!

Definately still reading your blog mate, glad to see that you hadnt forgotten about it!!

Keep it up mate! Rob.