Tuesday 14 October 2008

Baby Boom

This morning at 5:31 baby Alonzo Christopher Ellis Millard was born. This was followed at 9:40 by baby Douglas Higgs at 9:40. Congratulations to both the Millard family and Higgs. Both families are doing well and are taking well deserved rests. Does make you wonder what was happening 9 months ago??

I'm sure Alex & Amy and Wibbles and Emma will make fantastic parents. I could not be happier for both of them. I'm looking forward to meeting both Alonzo and Douglas. Although I don't want to be trusted in holding the babies yet. I'll just help out in wetting the babies head.

This news eclipses anything else that is going on, but I suppose I better give an update on how everything else is going. I still do not know if the new drug is having an effect. I have had some trouble getting doctors who know what they are talking about. They seem to have switched around who is meant to be looking after me on a day to day basis. This has caused confusion and I don't think they know who is doing what. When I do see one of these doctors they are unfamiliar with my specific problem (TTP is extremely rare so they need to be very familiar with my notes). What is happening at the moment is the nurses give me my test results and we have a chat and tell the doctor what "top ups" I require. These are then signed off by the doctor without him even seeing me! I have made a complaint to sort this out, now is not the time to put up with doctors neglecting their duties. At the end of the day the only person who I think understands what is going on is Prof Marks. Unfortunately I won't be seeing him until Friday.

I am still having issues with my joints. This is getting very frustrating as I really want to get on with rehabilitation but am having to take painkillers to just get around. I believe this is due to some of the drugs I am on, so hopefully in the next week or so they will be dropped after my top up transplant. However apart from that I've been feeling quite well. I am still hoping to be back at work soon, although from past experience I am not going to get my hopes up to much yet.. the is a lot that can happen still.

I have still been keeping busy outside of hospital. I seem to have taken on the role of barkeep at the rugby club. As well as doing this I managed to get out in the sun to watch the 2's and 3's play on the weekend. My immune system has not been behaving itself recently so I've had to be a little careful.

Date for your diary's: 31st January 09. A celebration of a year since my original transplant and my birthday. Details to be confirmed.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Robbie

No comments: