Wednesday 12 December 2007

What week\ What Day??

The is no point in detailing what has gone on in the last 2 weeks. Suffice to say its been difficult. The chemotherapy is taking its toll. Its now routine to be ill several times a day, appetite has gone completely partly in fear of the food been brought up again. This is not helped by the standard of hospital food. I am better of eating little and often. Each day would bring different challengers, different drugs, different nurses, different patients on the ward with different habits, some nights you would sleep a little, some nights you would barely sleep at all.

Doctors change over during these 2 weeks. All the junior doctors who have treated me since diagnoses are moving on. In practice it is the junior doctors who deal with you most day to day the consultants make decisions on your treatment and the junior doctors carry it out. I knew all of these very well, it will take the new doctors quite awhile to build up the trust that these doctors had earned.

The sickness I can deal with, however the tiredness is the problem. I can't remember when the last good nights sleep I've had. You can't catch up during the day. You nerve feel right, this is not helped by blood counts dropping with Chemo and the lack of protein I'm eating.

While I've not been given the all clear from all infections I was released home on Tuesday 11th December. I'm still incredibly tired (hence a fairly short entry for 2 weeks). Most my time is spent sleeping and visitors are limited. I can just about do something for half an hour then need to lie down again.

I'm so happy to be at home, my chances of getting rest are a lot higher. Also at home I would stand less chance if picking up infection. I'm due back for blood transfusion, chemo and lumber punture. The blood may make me feel more awake. Until then I need to try get some decent food down.

Also thank you to Bristol Rugby and Gloucester Rugby for providing signed shirts (inc a Eng shirt). Which are to be auctioned by CLIC Sargent on

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CLIC-Sargent-Shop

Please take a look and consider as Christmas presents for friends, family or yourself. More money raised the better.

Thanks for your support.

Robbie

No comments: