Tuesday 13 November 2007

Can't find you...

Sunday night was rough.. I was in a lot of pain, I could feel every joint and despite been completely exhausted could not get to sleep. However once I was asleep I slept extremely heavily and woke up feeling much better..

In the morning I'm actually feeling good. I'm due in hospital around lunch time. Once I'm in I see various doctors and talk through my problems and various tests are done. I'm asked by the doctors if I've been boozing... I have not drunk for 2 months now, its more likely my liver is having withdrawal symptoms from booze. Before the treatment I would not have taken Aspirin for a headache my body is just struggling with the number of drugs been put through. They need to reduce the number of supplemental drugs I'm taking to reduce the impact on my liver. However this means coming of some of the antibiotics and anti-fungal drugs. This brings increased danger of infection. My immune system has so far proved to be strong so to be honest I'm fairly happy to come of some of these drugs.

Results of the bone marrow test come back as well, I was not expecting this until later in the week. The Chemotherapy is doing its job. The sample that they took had no trace of the leukaemia cells... Great news but before you get carried away.. They could not find many cells at all. The Chemotherapy kills both decent cells and bad they had very few cells to count so they can't find any diseased cells in a small sample. Its still good news that the treatment is doing what is expected, if the had been a trace in this sample it would have been a blow.

The week that I have coming up is an easy week in terms of treatment, the doctors want to see if my body starts to recover naturally after the treatment. After the weekend my blood counts are up without any top ups from the hospital. This is good news. On Wednesday I will be undergoing a lot further tests to see how I'm doing. Provided the results of these tests are ok I should be getting my wisdom teeth out Wednesday.

I also see my main consultant on Monday, he is happy with my progress the have been no real negative results so signs are still looking good. Lots of reasons to be happy.

Cheers for all of your support.

Robbie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robbie,

This is indeed some great news. Keep up the fight lad, as you say, lots of reasons to be positive. Looking forward to the next installments!

P.s. Youll have the liver of an 18 year old by the end of this!