Saturday 3 November 2007

Hair Today... Gone Tomorrow?

Test results on Iain & Helen are back on Wednesday. Unfortunatly they do not have a match with me. This cuts down the potential options of treatment, however that is not to say it would have been the best option anyway. Transplants are very risky and it may be that further Chemotherpy would have been better option anyway. This makes no difference to the treatment that I will be having in the next 5 weeks regardless.

Next milestone happens next week. Bone marrow tests on Monday will let me know how the treatment has gone so far. Hopefully that will show the Leukeamia in retreat. Treatment then switchs over to a second type of Chemotherpy and other drugs. I will be phased of the Steroids which may mean sleeping might get back to normal. I'm sure the other drugs might give me some other issues but I'll deal with that when I get them.

In terms of side effects the treatment has been tougher this week, energy levels are extermely low and I have developed back spasms and pains which the doctors can't explain. These are quite severe but have seem to be clearing up. These symptoms do get to me a little on Friday morning... however in a timely manor I seem to get a volley of support from different people, quite surprisingly Matt Salter turns up with a rowing machine for me.. I'm still half asleep when he gets here. While it might be a week or so before I can use it, the support means a lot to me and motivation is back... Friday I start to recover from the heavy weeks treatment. Mum & Dad arrive Saturday morning, the rest on Friday does me good and am doing quite well on Saturday. Very glad as can get to head out and watch some rugby in good weather.

Lastly the challange of growing a mullet is coming to an end.. While its not coming out in clumps yet I very much doubt it will last the week. The winter hats are all ready for when this happens. Its been expected and another sign the treatment is doing a job..

No comments: