Tuesday 27 November 2007

New Chemo

Friday brings a surprise first thing, they are moving Chemo forward to today, this is good news as it gives the Leakeamia little chance to recover. The type I have requires you to stay on top of it otherwise it will be back stronger than before. This is despite the fact the infections are still ongoing, and the Chemo will destroy any remainder of my immune system. This also has a knock on effect that I won't be coming in at Christmas as I should finish a few days before.

As before getting the Chemo therpy was not a problem, at most I'm hooked up for an hour then done. However this round of treatment (a different type of treatment than before) knocks me sideways. Give it 1 hour and I'm out for the count, head pounds. This is not helped my the family with an 11month old next door screaming. I manage to fall asleep but am woken later by a nurse, before she has a chance to set up I have to leg it to the toilet and throw up my entire dinner. I can think of so many other places I'd rather be but I'm stuck hugging a communal hospital toilet for half an hour. 1 hour after this I go into a fever. I had hoped that the release home was a sign I would be out soon.. Hopes are dashed. However I get a visit from both Gareth (OB's) and Alex Brown and Ben Strunham, the later bring copies of the Stade Francais game. Ben and Alex leave quite quickly and I eventually have to ask Gareth to leave because I'm to tired.

Sat morning I still feel rough, Its only the nurses making me get up to be weighed that cause me to get up. I'm now 67k.. I've lost 25% of my body weight. They had not given me any anti-sickness on the first round, will be taking it this time. Slight destraction of Wales vs SA playing rugby in afternoon, all quite predicatable in the end. Chemo is taking toll after game I'm asleep again by the final whistle.

Iain brought in a copy of the evening post, the was a article on myself and the old bristolians going to Dubai. Has photo Gav took in the hospital last week. Also I have been told its on the bristol rugby website (http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/25_4833.php) and scrum.com (http://www.scrum.com/39_49342.php). This is great coverage for CLIC-Sargent. And also a massive thank you to those at Bristol & Gloucester for getting signed shirts for us. The will be a charity auction on the CLIC website for you to do some christmas shopping.

www.stores.ebay.co.uk/CLIC-Sargent-shop

Promotion over.. but please do have a look.

The Chemo continues until Monday, I had been hoping that I could be out of here on Wednesday, hopes dashed again. Spend most of Monday, Tuesday not eating but been ill and sleeping. Its times like this you really don't want to see anyone but also need someone just to come in and give you a quick perk up and leave.

2 comments:

IJG said...

Robin! I will be praying for you daily. Keep on fighting don't quit.
IJG

IJG said...

Sorry! I meant to say Robbie instead I said Robin.
IJG