Sunday 25 November 2007

Back To A Familiarity (Wed - Thurs) Despite phone been out of battery Iain still manages to find me again. He must have been getting friendly with hotel switchboard staff tracking me in the last few days. I’m back in the same bed, this is quite a bonus. I must have been in favour with the nurses. It’s the lazy boy bed of the ward. If your in bed and visitrs arrive at the press of a button your sat up. The other beds you have to mess around with metal slates, a bit like folding deckchairs.. I also have a DVD player. Iain has brought me some connection with the outside world as I borrow his phone with my sim card, unfortunately I can’t access my numbers so am getting messages but not knowing who or when they are from. I have some fresh clothes!! I can feel clean.

One of the messages I get is from Gav who works for CLIC-Sargent he pop’s in, he has the tour shirts for Dubai, they are brilliant, he also passes on media pack from CLIC-Sargent for use in a interview I’m doing for Bristol. Pose for a cheesy photo for CLIC-Sargent with zombie dressing around a swollen neck.. if I was not smiling I could audition for the next Shaun Of The Dead. Due to these complications Chemotherapy will be delayed until Monday. I get the schedule of treatment. It works as 4 days on 4 days off. That does not include the I T injections which tends to be weekly. I’m going to be in the BRI a lot. Other consequences of this treatment pattern is that the last dosage is Christmas day and would be a double dose. They have booked me in as Father Christmas and are expecting an appropriate outfit.

While glad to be back I’d forgotten the problems of sharing a ward with 3 others, all it takes is 1 person to keep everyone awake. At 1130 in a ward full of sick people you would think people would turn volume down, or turn off. No, Once this clears I still can’t sleep & I’m needing the toilet every 15 min (you may think a little bit to much information but all will become clear in a second). After I get back after one of these trips I can hear faint jungle noises… I’m questioning my sanity now (“what year is it??) the jungle noise fades out and is replaced by a babbling brook no wonder I’m going every 15 min with this next to me…. Not happy don’t sleep much.

Thursday brings bag after bag of antibiotic, temperature is still fluctuating I am able to eat solid foods but appetite for hospital food is not that great. I was due to receive blood today but my temperatures have been far too unstable.

I am on a brief break from hospital (2 hours out, its actually the 1st Dec, I am still been kept in hospital most of the time but am ok, I will attempt to keep updates coming out but they may be a little delayed)

No comments: