Wednesday 10 October 2007

Waiting Game

Now I just need to wait for test results. As far as I know I don't have any more tests for today. A treatment timetable is passed to me but would only ever make sense to the person who wrote it. Most of it is irrelevant as depends on how my body reacts to treatment and results of tests.

Positive news is that Chemo starts tomorrow. Should be able to get started first thing tomorrow. Side effects are explained to me, mood swings, pins and needles, sickness, hair loss and of course no immune system for a few days (Just in case I was not going to go OCD on cleaning hands etc already). Nurses try to get me to read leaflets. I ask if the is anything extra in their other than what I've been told.. the isn't so I push aside and ignore. One of the nurses who I have been talking to quite a bit will be giving me the Chemo so will talk me through it.

Have a few more visitors, I don't think I can hide any excitement about starting treatment. The sooner it starts the sooner I can get back to normal and out of here. I have a few hours to myself after. This place is starting to drive me crazy. After losing a few hours reading and listening to music I head back into the room. It stinks of sweetcorn. Karl has had a stem cell transplant. It has the strange side effect of producing this smell. Its extremely strong. I'm keen to get a good nights sleep before tomorrow. A new patient arrives and snores like a broken exhaust pipe. I long for my own bed and a good nights sleep.

No comments: