Monday 15 October 2007

Working Week

Waking in my own bed on a Monday morning, I feel like I should be heading to work. Instead I have a new routine. Wake up, take tempreture, take drugs, and plan the day. I make a pact to myself I will not watch any daytime TV.

Instead I contact the national blood service to get something moving on arranging some kind of promotion. Also vow to get this blog up to date. I'm hoping the next few weeks will have less surprises and that now that the worse case scenerios have made themselves known more postive news will follow. Hopefully I can keep up good form and battle through this in no time. Start looking at different Spanish courses and send a few queries to tutors in Bristol. A list of things I want to do when this is over starts to take shape. Inca Trail, Dubai Sevens, Bullrun, Be able to speak at least Spanish, Possibly rugby coaching badge.

As it is the working week I also become aware that I am going to be out of the loop at work for 6 months. When I come back I will be effectively starting a new job.. I do not want to stay out of the loop. In fact if the is any work I can do while I am at home I want to do it. Worse thing I can do is sit on my arse all day. I need to be doing something. If I don't then all this time will be wasted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Robbie (Brizzley)

Glad to see your back home and getting some sleep! Just read your full blog and bowled over by your extraordinary journey and your amazing courage. Am looking forward to reading about your road to recovery!

Missing you and your antics!
Claire x

Malcolm Stuart said...

Have just accessed your blog-to be honest did not know what one was until reading some of your E Mails re progress.
I am speechless, proud and emotional. We are so lucky to be your parents. I thought we were meant to be strong for you but now realise its the other way round. I feel stronger and so so positive you will beat the little buggers. We will need to start planning the celebrations to end all celebrations-fancy the next world cup.
Love Mum and Dad

dan matthews said...

Hi robbie.

Obviously massively sorry to hear about your news but I'm sure with your spot-on attitude and determination that you will kick this in to touch.

If you want some company or email distractions etc then you can always drop me a line!

Warmest regards,
dan matthews

dt_matthewsATyahoo.co.uk
(obvously replace the AT with @)