Saturday 13 October 2007

Who's Betty

Best nights sleep yet. I don't wake when the nurses come round to replace my drip. The previous day when Charlie & Lexy had popped round we dressed up the stand in a old womens dress, red wig, Elton John glasses and a banana for a smile. I'd forgotten about this when I feel asleep, it had scared the nurse who came in the morning. But made me laugh although it did look a little worrying in the dark.

Still no real signs of symptoms of Chemo. People are planning on popping in throughout today. Proves to be quite a uplifting day. I promise to teach Uri the rules to rugby in time for the semi finals. Seen as he is from Peru and never seen the game before might be a challenge. He still reads through Rugby World and enjoys it.

Doctors come to see how I'm doing... They are surprised how well I'm responding. Body has not had any adverse reactions to the host of drugs they have put into it. No signs of infections, tempretures, blood pressure, oxygen levels are all normal. I may be able to go home tomorrow!! I had prepared to be in here for 3 weeks. What a result. Part of me thinks this is because they think I'm going mad in here. The is no pressure for beds so I am happy they are not clearing me out to make room for someone else. Going home, my own bed, can make my own way round. Small pleasures make such a big difference. I don't want to raise my hopes to much as they will still need to do blood tests before releasing me.

Somehow England beat France in a pretty poor game. My argument Scotland will go further than England is looking pretty poor at the moment.

No comments: